Full disclosure: what follows is Seismic‘s own text for these bearings. We’ve just copy and pasted it because… well… there’s a lot of text here. All we’ll add is that, yes, these bearings are bloody good.
Tekton™ 7-Ball Steel Bearings with Classic Free-Spacer System
Next-level skate bearing tech – more speed, better handling, longer life!
- Versatile Free-Spaced Design
- 30% Stronger Steel Casings
- Tighter Assembly Tolerances
- Premium Lube
Versatile Free-Spacer System: Precisely-sized spacers square up against bearings and stabilize them inside wheels. Combines with Tighter Radial Tolerances (3µ – 5µ) that minimize torsional play inside bearing assemblies. Locks in highly-precise alignment, protects against friction and wear, minimizes noise.
Tougher Construction: Superior steel and thicker outer casings boost strength by more than 30%! Ball raceways hold smooth polish, and bearings stay tight and fast, for far longer! 30%-stiffer casings resist flexing, spin truer / faster, keep seals from popping off on extreme impacts.
7-Ball Assembly: Classic configuration. Best overall durability against frequent high impacts and side loads.
Premium Steel Balls: Superior concentricity, surface smoothness, strength, and durability.
High-End Lubricant: Packed with premium “high-RPM” light grease from Kyodo Japan. Formulated for peak performance under actual skating stresses, not max free-spin time.
Inner Race: Specially contoured under seal to resist contamination.
Additional Features: Dupont® engineering-grade Nylon retainers, removable rubber-coated steel seals with printed graphic. Meets or exceeds all criteria for ABEC-9 rating.
Eco-friendly packaging: No oversized metal tins or plastic boxes – just a minimal recyclable cardboard box.
No fake tech or exaggerations: Just more speed and longevity through real science and no-BS engineering!
100% free of:
- Random bearing tech adapted from other industries just for the sake of novelty.
- Expensive over-hyped raceway coatings that interfere with optimal polishing and may actually grind on balls.
- Over-hyped lubricant additives that accelerate wear not speed.
- Misleading claims that industry-standard features and factory processes are unique or special. (e.g., deep-groove raceways with micro-channels, fine-polishing, fiber-reinforced nylon retainers, hand-inspection, ultrasonic solvent washing, etc.)